The Liebster Award helps bring attention to new blogs or bloggers you feel deserve more recognition. These are the rules;
- Acknowledge the person who nominated you for the award and post the award.
- Answer the questions that were asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Give 11 facts about yourself
- Ask 11 questions of your own
- Nominate 11 blogs for the award (or however many blogs you can nominate)
- Notify your nominees
This is a little late but I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Catherine at thediaryofabookishgirl 🙂 I really appreciate the nomination, especially as I’m new to the book blogging community. I enjoyed reading your answers and had just as much fun answering your questions, so thank you!
If you could turn a book series into a TV show, which would you pick?
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard! There’s lots of action, plot twists, complex characters… plus I think the Silvers with their superhuman abilities would be really popular with a lot of audiences.
Is there a series you wish was longer? (Feel free to mention more than one!)
This is a tricky one! I’ll go with The Infernal Devices (TID) because I absolutely adore the main characters and wish I could read endless stories about them all. Although, Cassandra Clare will be releasing a new series called The Last Hours which is set 25 years after TID so in a way my wish will be coming true.
Who is your favourite fictional female character?
Katniss Everdeen- I grew so attached to her over the course of the 3 books and truly admired her character. She was so full of fire and love and despite experiencing many horrors, she always had the will to keep fighting.
Is there a book you wish you never read?
Probably The Kill Order by James Dashner, the prequel to The Maze Runner series. It annoyed me that the story was so drawn out and could have been told as a short novella, and that the story didn’t really add anything to the main storyline of the series.
Who is your favourite lesser known author? Give them a mention and maybe suggest one of their books for people to look into.
I think she’s fairly well known but I’m going to say Morgan Rhodes, the author of the Falling Kingdom series. I would have never discovered her books had my friend not recommended them to me, and I’m glad she did! If you like you can check out the first book on Goodreads by clicking here.
Which film adaptation do you dislike and wish that the story had remained in book form?
Probably Divergent. It was okay but I thought there were too many changes that messed with the essence of the actual story.
If you could expand the story of one character, who would it be?
Haymitch Abernathy from The Hunger Games as I’d love to know more about his journey from Tribute to Mentor.
Is there an author or book you feel you will never read?
Stephen King’s It. I have attempted to read it but had to stop at around page 30- I was too scared to go any further! I don’t really like to leave books unfinished but I’m pretty sure I’ll never be revisiting It again.
Which fictional character do you feel deserved better? (It doesn’t have to be a book character!)
Corianne Jacos from the Red Queen series. She deserved to lead a happier, longer life 😦
Is there a fictional item you wish you could have in real life?
I was going to say the stele but then I thought that Tessa Gray’s (from TID) clockwork angel would be a pretty special item to have!
What time of the day do you prefer to read? (Are you a morning person, or an evening one? Or do you read in the middle of the night?)
I don’t have a preference but I quite enjoy reading first thing in the morning as it’s peaceful and a fun way to start the day.
Thank you! And here are 11 facts about myself:
- My most read author is Cassandra Clare (13 books)
- My favourite artists are Bruno Mars and Emeli Sandé- I’m very excited for their new albums!
- I’m a big kid at heart
- I’ve never tried coffee before
- I’m an introvert
- I’ll be learning how to drive soon
- I love the Marvel Cinematic Universe films- Captain America: Winter Soldier, and Guardians of the Galaxy are my favourites
- I have around 40+ books in my bookcase that I haven’t read yet
- I’m amazed by cheetahs
- My favourite snack is popcorn
- I’m a Virgo
And these are my 11 questions that I hope you’ll enjoy answering:
- Have you ever watched a film adaptation that was just as good as the book? (Or came close!)
- What’s the longest book you’ve read?
- What’s your favourite childhood book?
- What are some of your favourite character names?
- Where’s your favourite place to read?
- Which book character(s) do you feel you resemble the most?
- What’s your least favourite book of your favourite series and why?
- What fictional places would you love to visit?
- What was the last book that made you cry?
- What book do you wish you had written?
- What are you currently reading, and are you enjoying it so far?
And I nominate:
Katie at katiesjumbledthoughts
Baria at bariasreadingcorner
Rhea at rheareads
Marie at bazingabooknerd
Sophie at bookwishblog
Sarah at readingtorecover
There’s no pressure to answer these questions, it’s completely up to you 🙂